Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Copper Kettle - Not Just for the Meat & Three

While local Nashville spot Copper Kettle has received much recognition for their version of the signature Nashville "meat and three" and for their Sunday brunch, I feel like some praise for another, perhaps unexpected, menu item is deserved - the goat cheese salad.

Although nobody can deny that the delicious Southern comfort food that is served daily (such as the meatloaf, mac-and-cheese, collards and green beans my boyfriend Tyler orders every time) is mouth-watering good, it's not why I make the trip down Granny White. I crave their salad.

Topped with fresh strawberries, mangos, sweet pecans, a homemade vinaigrette with cranberries, and (as the name suggests) a warm, fried goat cheese cake, it is the perfect balance of something that tastes healthy and fresh while still indulgent. I sometimes add grilled chicken, too, for an even more balanced and filling meal.

A lunchtime favorite, for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle!!!! I am sorry it's taken me so long to comment on your blog!! I need to go back and comment on the cupcakes so I can feel less guilty about taking so many of them from you! I've been keeping up with your blog and noticed you wrote about a soul food meat and three and so did I last week!! Great minds really do think alike...not sure if I ever gave you my blog address (after all this time!) but here it is: soveryerrie.blogspot.com) I hope you're doing well!! ...coming back for any games any time soon??

    ReplyDelete