Saturday, September 19, 2009

In Search for the perfect Ginger Cupcake

I have no real idea as to why I am now on the search for the perfect ginger cupcake, except that I do love the ginger cookies from the Cake Shop in Tallahassee and I really like cupcakes. I started my quest with a Ginger cupcake recipe from Cupcakes by Shelly Kaldunski. I used organic ground ginger and ground fresh ginger - the result was wonderfully gingery. It just wasn't a "cupcake". It was gingerbread in a cupcake shape. Like most gingerbread I have had, it was dense and heavy - flavorful and moist but more like a muffin. I even tried filling the "cupcake" with lemon curd and glazing it with the lemon glaze (from the same cookbook). The lemon curd was a great addition, but it just wasn't what I am looking for. I want a real "cupcake" - a small moist light cake with a hint of ginger and lemon. So my quest will continue. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment