Friday, October 2, 2009

Strawberry Shortbread Heaven


I feel this picture needs no words or explanation. I went to Bobbie's Dairy Dip - famous, local Nashville ice cream & burger spot - with one thing in mind: soft-serve ice cream. What I got was this mound of heaven.

Having worked at a bakery during my last two years of high school and for the summer following my freshman year of college, I completely remember how excited I got when somebody came in and ordered an item that I knew was so fresh and so delicious. This is exactly what happened to me at Bobbie's. I was debating between a (I'm sure equally yummy) milkshake and the strawberry shortbread. At the very mention of the shortbread, the girl behind the counter started grinning and telling her friend that I was ordering one, and then told me that they had been staring at the fresh shortbread, drooling all day. I felt like the ice cream queen.

I hear their burgers are an equally magical experience, so I will definitely be back.

1 comment:

  1. i like your blog, michelle. you should review the food at the stadium. it has to be better than that terrible team that plays there.

    ReplyDelete