Monday, July 20, 2009

My first blog

As I was sitting around the dinner table last night with my two friends Allie and Erica (I had grilled some fresh caught grouper with EVOO and Old Bay and made cornbread; Allie brought dessert - Cecelia cakes; and Erica made a delicious blue cheese, blueberry, and sugar-coated pecan salad), Allie suggested that I start my own blog about cupcakes. Random, you might think. Quite possibly - if you don't know my obsession with food and sweets.

I'll share bits and pieces about my foodie past as I go, but for right now, I'll just set you up with the basics. In just less than two weeks I will be moving from Athens, Georgia, where I have been living and attending undergraduate and graduate school for the past 5 years, to Nashville, Tennessee. It will be difficult for me to say goodbye to my favorite dining spots in Athens, but I am excited to take on Nashville, try new spots, and let you know my thoughts along the way!

While I have a particular interest in the super-trendy cupcake shops (there are six in Nashville I've heard about so far and plan to try), I'll also be writing about the yummy grub and tasty cocktails I have along the way!

Please feel free to comment and suggest new spots for me to taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment