Saturday, July 25, 2009

Farewell Margarita

As I mentioned in my first post, I'll be moving from my 5-year home of Athens a week from today. In honor of the best college town there is, I will be paying tribute to some of my favorite eating spots. While the cupcake scene has yet to take root here, there are plenty of other tasty spots that I will dearly miss.

In honor of National Tequila Day and my last full weekend in Athens, I decided I had to pay one last visit to my favorite Mexican restaurant in town, Taqueria La Parilla (or just La Parilla, as we locals call it). Erica and I had some fabulous frozen margaritas and I ordered the #29 - one soft taco, one chile relleno, refried beans and guacamole salad. I have just recently started trying chile rellenos, and La Parilla's are definitely on the top of my list. The sauce is spectacular and the balace of the fresh pepper and cheese adds a nice switch from some typical carb-loaded Mexican entres.

Stay tuned for more farewells to local Athens favorites this week. Also be looking for an update on the Tallahassee cupcake scene. Have a great weekend and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment