Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Favorite Last Resort

Last night I went to Last Resort for the last time as an Athens resident. For those of you who have never visited Athens, or who have somehow had blinders on and have never been to or tried the Last Resort Grill, it is hands-down my favorite dinner spot in Athens. From the delicious homemade salad dressings, to the scrumptious entrees, to the fabulous Cecilia cake desserts, to the wine list - this place is unbelievable.

I decided to go out with a bang and order my favorite entree - the U-10 scallops. Although they are on the pricier side of the menu (listed as Market Price, but typically $24.95), this dish is quite the tasting treat. Starting with the side salad with homemade Vidalia-bacon dressing and finishing with a sweet piece of caramel cake, I left the restaurant on a high note. I even got to have a taste of another favorite, go-to menu item: the Last Resort's Praline (absolute comfort food at a reasonable price - $13.95).

Joined by my mom, Allie, and Erica (my eating partners in crime, if you can't tell!), this dinner was delightful. Pictured are my U-10 scallops and the Last Resort's Praline. The restaurant also ranks at the top of my lunch and brunch picks, having filling and spectacular meals that are mostly under $8. Oh Last Resort, you will never be a "Last Resort" of mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment